Building Community, One Rider At A Time
Fundraising for 2014 is well underway. The deadline for qualifying for incentives is September 28, 2014.
Why Fundraise With Levi’s GranFondo
There’s no shortage of cycling events that raise money for worthy causes. As one of the hemisphere’s largest bike rides, we’re proud to be able to build community off the bike as well as on the bike. We do that by investing GranFondo proceeds where they’re critically needed to develop a healthier, safer, more cycling-friendly home for us all.
- Your fundraising dollars literally keep places like the Forget Me Not Farm, a working farm for at-risk children and abandoned animals, open and functioning now that public funding has gone dry.
- You invested in the development of high school mountain biking, putting kids on bikes with the same enthusiasm normally reserved for ball-and-stick sports.
- These dollars bridged the gap for slashed federal funding in Sonoma County’s far-flung rural schools, bringing high-speed internet and tablets into the classroom.
- You purchased a wildland fire truck for fire departments in those same rural, forested areas constantly under threat from forest fires.
- The City of Santa Rosa is building its first public pump track ever, with GranFondo dollars.
- Access for bikes on local California State Parks’ land was preserved because of money you raised with the GranFondo.
- You patched countless rim-swallowing potholes on cycling destination roads throughout Sonoma County.
- There’s a bright light being shone on pediatric cancer research, holistic cancer treatment, and cancer patient support through a variety of organizations thanks to your work.
This is a lot of great stuff, but it’s only some of what’s being done with GranFondo proceeds. There’s more on the projects we undertake and the organizations we support on our beneficiaries page.