Road Closure Information
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FROM THE 2012 EVENT, BUT IS STILL AN EXCELLENT REFERENCE FOR THE 2013 GRANFONDO.
The GranFondo has a tremendous positive impact on our community; and we’d like to think the positives way outweigh any negative. However, it is a fact that traffic in the area of the Finley Center will be impacted by the event. With 7,500+ riders starting at 8:00am, the logistics are fairly involved. Our goal is to get riders to the event as quickly and easily as possible and get them on their way and off the city streets soon thereafter.
With that in mind, we’ve worked closely with the City of Santa Rosa to minimize the impact the event will have on local residents and businesses. There will be ample signage and traffic control personnel to assist with directing traffic in and around the area of the GranFondo.
Traffic Control and Road Closure Schedule
There is a traffic control plan in place for the following hours on the day of the GranFondo:
1:00a – 7:00a
Northbound Stony Point Rd. between W. 9th St. and W. College Ave. will be closed
7:00a – 7:45a
Northbound and southbound Stony Point Rd. between W. 9th St. and W. College Ave. will be closed
7:45a – 9:00a
Full closures of the following road segments will be in effect:
- Stony Point Rd. between Glenbrook and W. College Ave.
- W. College Ave. between Stony Point Rd. and Cassasa Way
- W. Third St. west of Fulton Rd.
- W. 9th St. at Stony Point Rd. (access to the shopping center will remain open)
Some roads will have partial closures with one-way traffic on one or both sides of the street. Partial closures of the following road segments will be in effect:
- Stony Point Rd. between Glenbrook and W. Third St.
- W. College Ave. between Cassasa Way and Fulton Rd.
- Fulton Rd. between Guerneville Rd. and W. College Ave.
- Fulton Rd. between W. College Ave. and W. Third St.
See map for traffic lanes that will serve one-way traffic only.
9:00a – 7:00p
Stony Point Rd. will have 2-way traffic on the southbound side. West 9th will not be accessible from Stony Point Rd.; access will be from Dutton Ave.